TITLE: Fleet Public Health Officer / Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Marine Hotel Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager Public Health
The Fleet Public Health Officer / Trainer is primarily responsible for performing shipboard inspections to verify compliance with the Vessel Sanitation Program and provides training to onboard officers and crew where appropriate. Takes charge of executing GI prevention and response protocols when needed, provides consultation to fleet on public health issues.
The scope of the Vessel Sanitation Program generally includes food safety, sanitation, potable water, pools and spas, integrated pest management, housekeeping and cleaning practices, and air systems.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Public Health, Biology, Environmental studies.
· At least 2 years of experience in the food service industry.
· At least 2 years of experience in facilities management inclusive plumbing, electrical, and pool and spa maintenance.
· Excellent interpersonal, networking , written and oral communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Strong computer skills to write detailed reports and analyze ship trends.
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Attend CDC Vessel Sanitation Program training class.
· Attended the Advanced Health and Sanitation Foodserve safe class.
Liaises with onboard senior staff and officers regarding health and sanitation issues and assists them with preparing for upcoming public health Inspections. 7. Makes recommendations to company senior management to improve the onboard health and sanitation Program. 8. Participates in periodic updates for the health and sanitation Manual (MR750). 9. Participates in the development of new health and sanitation related training programs. 10. Assists as directed. QUALIFICATIONS: • At least 3 years of experience in the foodservice industry. • Attended CDC Vessel Sanitation Program training class. • Attended the Advanced Health and Sanitation Foodserve safe class. • Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills. • Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. • Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.