Title: Corporate Traveling Trainer Dining Services
Primary Function: Identify and implement improvements to increase the effectiveness and consistency of the Dining Services operations
Reports To: Director, Culinary Operations
Delivers and implements standards, and accountability in establishing superior guest service for all HAL dining service venues.
Provides a central source of onboard knowledge and information by supporting our onboard Dining Services Operations, in order to achieve fleet wide consistency. This includes the Dining Room, Lido/Canaletto, In-Room Dining, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind.
Creates a one team environment within the Culinary Operation department. Continuously enhances the relationship with the Galley operation, allowing acceptable response time and mutual respect and understanding in each department’s role.
Assists the Dining Room Specialist in creating reviews and updates reference materials, (training manuals, operating procedures, etc.) to ensure ships consistent and steady operations.
Provides training specific to the all dining services functions. Follows and enforces all Perfect Dining Room presentations.
Assists in developing, monitoring, and supporting all dining services training programs in Jakarta and onboard.
Maintains cohesive and accurate information, in order to achieve highest level of customer satisfaction.
Establishes service standards for the purpose of consistency and to benchmark measurements for continuous improvement.
Creates and suggests ideas and standards for operating procedures in Dining Services and assists the Dining Room Specialist with the fleet wide implementation.
Provides immediate communication, facilitation and follow up on queries from the Culinary Operations Managers
Provides project and administrative support to the Director, Culinary Operations and Dining Room Specialist.
Coordinates with Customer Relations and the Ship Services Department means to reduce guest complaints and enhance/increase response time in order to avoid unnecessary financial retributions.
Enhances the relationship with all departments by allowing acceptable response time and mutual respect this a clearer understanding of each department’s role towards guest satisfaction.
Facilitate/highlight corporate policies to the Dining Room Managers, and ensure their compliance.
Reviews and suggest updates to the Dining Services operation policy and procedure manuals as related to MHD’s, MR's & OD’s.
Enhance the relationship with Deck/Engine/Housekeeping Departments allowing acceptable response time and mutual respect and understanding in each department’s role of Guest satisfaction.
Reviews and suggests updates to the Front Office operation policy and procedure manuals as related to MHD’s, MR's, OD’s and other corporate directives.
Provides feedback to the Director, Culinary Operations on existing performance management system tools and participates in the succession planning, task lists, job descriptions, appraisal processes, training programs, career path planning and LMS process for the Dining Services staff.
• Preferred College or University degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred. International equivalent suffices
• Minimum 5 years shipboard leadership experience
• Minimum 5 years of shipboard experience within the Dining Services environment
• Marlins score 90 and above
• Able to work well with both shipboard and corporate personnel
• Ability to multi-task and handle constantly changing priorities
• Must possess strong leadership skills
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Must possess strong presentation skills
• Able to write and produce operational documentation
• Extensive knowledge of Public Health procedures (USPH)
• Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs such as excel, word and PowerPoint.
• Extensive travel required